Friday, September 21, 2012

Flash Writing GTafe Assignment Three


The current assignment I am working on for TAFE is a piece around Flash Writing. I had never heard of flash writing before now and in fact, what little I have read on the matter has captured my interest. It is certainly a interesting piece to be writing. There is no doubt on my part I will be able to nail it.

For those who do not know what flash writing is, “Flash Fiction: a complete story in one thousand or fewer words” (http://www.flashfictiononline.com/) Having said that, there are also  it is worth noting that “Some self-described markets for flash fiction impose caps as low as three hundred words, while others consider stories as long as a thousand words to be flash fiction" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flash.Fiction)  

Either way, I am finding the assignment a very interesting challenge. It is a chance to try and condense what is said while telling the story. Here is hoping that I am able to do it justice.

No comments: